Artificial limbs Nashville
Human Technology is a pioneer in the manufacturing and selling of highest grade custom-made prosthetics. We specialize in manufacturing custom-made artificial limbs in Nashville at affordable prices.
Tips for caring for your prosthetic wear in winters
Winters are slippery and can pose a threat, especially for those using prosthetics. Here are some tips on how to stay safe and comfortable during the winters while wearing artificial limbs:
- The best way to overcome freezing temperatures is to get gear with a good grip. Shoes with a good grip and traction can keep you safe and avoid potential falls. Make sure to buy a pair of sneakers with high-quality rubber soles for stability. Also, invest in good quality gel liners to stay warm in cold temperatures.
- Make sure to wear your prosthetic limb at all times during winters. It is important to fully cover your residual limb to avoid pain, skin irritation, and bruises. Wearing prosthesis can also protect your extremities from barometric pressure pains.
- If you face challenges with using your device, make sure to consult with your podiatrist or physician as soon as possible to avoid pain, mishaps, and skin issues.
We are the leading manufacturers of artificial limbs in Nashville. We continue to secure the #1 place in the industry with our relentless efforts to consistently offer the utmost comfort to our customers.
Purpose of wearing a prosthetic sock
Lower limb amputees usually undergo certain changes in the shape, size, and appearance of their residual limb. You maybe need to wear full-length or partial length compression sock to help attain an optimum limb shape and to prepare the stump for a socket fit.
Factors like your body weight, medications, etc. can affect the size of your limb from time to time. A sock can help keep your residual limb in shape and help with proper fitting of the limb into the socket. It also keeps you comfortable and protects your residual limb from pain and skin irritations.
How to choose the right prosthetic company?
Several prosthetic companies use different technologies and techniques to offer amputees with the best prosthetic experience. However, it is important to choose the right company to get the best value for your money. Here are some top aspects to consider before choosing a prosthesis company:
- Get sure to find a company that has several years of experience and an in-house manufacturing unit. To enjoy the best level of comfort and precise fitting, it is important to choose a provider that offers custom-made prosthetic limbs after a thorough evaluation of each patient’s medical needs, level of activity, lifestyle, and preferences.
- Make sure to choose a company that uses advanced technology in prosthesis to manufacture artificial limbs. Talk to some of their past customers to get an idea of their pre-sales and post-sales service.
- Most devices last for 3-5 years with proper care and maintenance. Nevertheless, make sure to buy your device from a company that offers the longest warranty.
Call the Human Technology today for more details on our artificial limbs in Nashville. We aim to cater to affordable solutions to amputees and thereby improve their quality of life.