Frequently Asked Questions
What is Semaglutide and How Does it Work?
Semaglutide is an injectable weight loss medication designed to boost insulin production, initially developed for diabetes management. It’s ideal for individuals with conditions like PCOS and metabolic syndrome. Semaglutide also slows gastric emptying, keeping you feeling full longer while signaling your brain that you’re not hungry. This weekly injection is suitable for most candidates, and your provider will ensure it’s the right fit for you. We believe in more than just injections; lifestyle modification is key. This encompasses nutrition, physical activity, and self-care. Without lifestyle changes, clients may regain weight once off the medication. Both, Semaglutide and Tirzepatide are on the GLP-1 category of medications, the mechanism of action in the body works the same.
Contraindications to Semaglutide
- Current or personal history of Thyroid CANCER
- First-degree relative with a history of Thyroid CANCER
- Personal History of Pancreatitis
What does the program include?
- Telehealth visit with Provider every 3 months
- Monthly visit with Weight Loss Nurse
- Semaglutide injections along with supplies
- Nutritional guidance and education
- Access to a Private Facebook support group (to share journey, recipes, etc)
- 24/7 accessibility to Provider for questions or concerns
What are the Add-Ons to Enhance Weight Loss?
- 1:1 Personal Nutrition Coach: Guiding you through the basic weight loss program.30-day Nutrition Pack: $300/month
- Meal Replacement Shakes: Ensure you get essential nutrients. One Meal Replacement Shake per day: $100/month
- Lipo Injections: Includes B12 with supplies: $100/vial (lasts up to 10 weeks)
If you’re interested in meal replacement shakes, we can add the basic weight loss pack (Isagenix brand) which includes a full 30 days of meal replacement shakes and other cleansing products. Eating on the weight loss program and semaglutide can make it challenging to consume adequate nutrition.
How long should I be in the Weight Loss Program?
Most people remain on the medication for 6-12 months, depending on starting weight, lifestyle, dietary changes, and goals. There’s no fixed limit to the duration, as long as it continues to work for you. After reaching your goals, maintaining them relies on the lifestyle and nutritional changes you’ve embraced.
How should you store the medication?
Rest assured, the medication remains stable even if left outside after delivery. It’s designed to withstand room temperatures for up to 30 days. However, for added precaution, we recommend storing it in a refrigerator upon arrival. Typically, refrigerators provide a regulated environment, whether in a home or clinic.
Our packs are of medical-grade quality and don’t melt; they might sweat a bit. They’re effective for 36 hours. After that, we include extra insulation, extending their effectiveness for 24 hours. Your medication is in good hands!
Should Semaglutide be discontinued before undergoing surgery?
Yes, it is recommended to discontinue Semaglutide at least four weeks before any surgical procedure. However, discussing this with your healthcare provider is crucial, as they can provide specific guidance tailored to your circumstances and the type of surgery you’ll be undergoing. Always follow your healthcare professional’s advice regarding managing your medication in preparation for surgery.