Travel to beautiful Bogota is effortless, and one-stop connections through major airports make travel from virtually anywhere relatively hassle-free! In addition, Colombia has convenient visa-on-arrival services at the airport for residents of more than 40 countries to make your arrival even easier!
- Colombia has positioned itself as the regional leader in the cosmetic surgery medical tourism industry because of its beautiful cities, friendly people, and excellent medical professionals in the medical, dental, and cosmetic fields. Dentists and surgeons in Colombia are world-renowned for their skills and eye for beauty and have long been serving a population where the commitment to looking great is a national obsession. In addition, several prestigious international surgeons now also base themselves in Colombia, providing the region with additional expertise and sophistication. As a result, there is high demand for dental procedures and aesthetic plastic surgery in Colombia, with one of the highest rates of procedures performed per capita in the world.
- Colombia is today one of the most thriving economies in South America and exceedingly safe for tourists. As a result, the number of foreign visitors to Colombia has increased from 600,000 in 2000 to nearly 1.5 million in 2010, with an average annual growth of 10.6%, almost four times the world average! Colombia is also easily accessible, and an abundance of convenient flights to Bogota make travel more accessible than ever.
- Aside from the doctors’ skills, the Colombian government has invested billions of dollars into improving the country’s medical infrastructure to provide a safe and tourist-friendly environment for health travelers. As a result, patients from the United States, Europe, Asia, and Latin America now have access to top-quality medical services and new hospitals, providers, and facilitators at a fraction of the cost in the U.S., Canada, or Europe.
- Costs are often 30-50% less than in the United States and Europe, saving patients thousands of dollars on cosmetic procedures while providing all the safety and quality they would receive in top U.S. and European centers. In addition, Smiley Aesthetics and My Body by Design offer a complete medical tourism experience with comprehensive care packages, a four-star hotel, transportation, post-op care, and a dedicated bilingual Medical Tourism Expert to provide exquisite service.
Watch the videos below to learn more about Bogota!
Add a tour to your Medical Tourism Experience and discover the best of Bogota and nearby towns offer while feeling safe with our bilingual experts. Whether you’re looking to take the tour before your procedure or want your companion to enjoy the experience while you recover, our bilingual tourism experts will ensure your safety and enjoyment. Take advantage of this opportunity to make the most of your trip to Colombia. You can add a tour to your Medical/Dental Procedure quote!
Partners & Facilities
Smiley & My Body by Design worked hard to research & provide our clients with high-quality professionals and facilities. We ensure the following:
- All Medical and Hospitality Partners follow the industry’s best practices and quality standards.
- Excellent infrastructure at the Hotel & Clinic (clean A/C rooms, T.V., Internet, Food)
- All Medical Professionals are Licensed to practice in their home country.
- Track record of quality service and personal attention from all Medical and Hospitality Partners.
Dr. Carlos González-Legarda
- Plastic Surgeon- Specialist in Aesthetic, Hair Grafting/Transplant (FUE) & Transgender Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Carlos González Legarda is a graduate of the Clínica San Rafael University Hospital in Bogota, where he studied Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Dr. González has studied and practiced in several countries around the world. Among these are India, where he specialized in Plastic Hand and Microsurgery, and Spain, where he specialized in Transgender Plastic Surgery. He also studied Laser and other surgical applications at Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts.
- He is a renowned plastic surgeon who is an international lecturer, a participant in national and international television programs, and a consultant for complex cases by colleagues from South America, Europe, and Asia.
- He specializes in facial and hair grafting procedures. He has been featured in RealSelf and is a member of the International Society of Aesthetics Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Bertha J. Parra
- Plastic Surgeon- Specialist in Post-bariatric Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Parra graduated from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, Colombia. She is a specialist in Post-bariatric Plastic Surgery from the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, USA.
- Dr. Parra has more than fifteen years of experience in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Post-bariatric Plastic Surgery, Non-invasive procedures, laser, collagen biostimulation, facial fillers, Botox, support, and stimulation threads.
Dr. Sabrina Piñango
- Medical Surgeon & Dentist – Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial
- Dr. Sabrina Piñango is a member of the Colombian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ACCOM), and graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá.
- Dr. Piñango has over ten years of experience in the field. She specializes in oral and facial surgeries such as orthognathic, mentoplasty, bichectomy, otoplasty, and blepharoplasty, among other oral and facial procedures.
Dr. Camilo Díaz Rincón
- Medical Surgeon- Specialist in Bariatric Surgery
- Dr. Camilo Díaz Rincón and his team have state-of-the-art technology, applying the most advanced procedures for the surgical treatment of morbid obesity, focusing their efforts on the patient, and promoting their commitment and responsibility towards their health.
- Doctor Diaz has studied and practiced in several countries around the world. Among these are France, the United States, Brazil, Peru, and Istanbul. In the United States, he worked at the Cleveland Clinic of Florida from 2006 to 2010.
Dr. Victor Hernandez
- Medical Surgeon- Specialist in Otolaryngologist & Laryngology
- Dr. Hernandez is an Otolaryngologist and Supra Specialist in Laryngology and Upper Airway. He graduated from the Nueva Granada Military University in Bogotá. He has extensive experience in facial aesthetic procedures, especially Rhinoplasty. Dr. Hernandez is a Member of the Colombian Association of Otolaryngology. He performs voice feminization/masculinization as well as other ENT procedures.
- Dr. Hernandez has studied and practiced in several cities around Colombia. He trained in Laryngology and Voice Surgery at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain.
Dr. Maribel Ballesteros
- General Dentist- Specialist in Periodontics & Oral Implantology
- Dr. Ballesteros is a General Dentist specializing in Periodontics and Oral Implantology. She graduated from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, and is a Specialist in Orofacial Harmonization from the Facop University in Brazil, with more than ten years of experience in the field.
- Dr. Ballesteros focuses mainly on preventing and treating diseases affecting the teeth’ supporting tissues and placing implants when a premature loss occurs due to accidents, diseases, or other health-related issues.
Dr. Andres Peña
- General Dentist- Specialist in Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dr. Andres Peña is a General Dentist specializing in Cosmetic Dentistry. He graduated from the National University in Bogotá. Dr. Pena has over ten years of experience in the field.
- He is passionate about designing the perfect smile for his patients with teeth whitening, dental bonding, and veneers.
- 104 Art Suites offers comfortable apartments with hotel services in the north of Bogotá, providing a warm and safe environment that perfectly adapts to guests’ needs, offering them the most incredible comfort during their stay to make them feel at home. Each space at 104 Art Suites has been uniquely intervened by a Colombian artist, resulting in an architectural masterpiece.
- What’s more, the hotel is conveniently located just minutes away from the business hub of Calle 100, the iconic street of 109, the traditional Usaquén neighborhood, and the Unicentro Shopping Center, making it an ideal base to explore the best that Bogotá has to offer.
- The Hotel Le Manoir Bogotá is a unique French hotel in Bogotá, distinguished by its elegance. It is an authentic refuge for work and relaxation, offering a comfortable and surprising experience. The spacious rooms are styled in classic French fashion, and the complete gastronomy and wellness services make it a modern and innovative hotel with a touch of traditional charm.
- Combining these elements creates a welcoming and select environment, ideal for making the most of your time in Bogotá. Located less than 2 km from the 106 Transmilenio station, the hotel’s privileged location provides access to a range of services and personalized attention, all guaranteed by Le Manoir Egina Hotels.
- The VIP Clinic provides medium and high complexity services to patients, with a team of highly qualified professionals focused on delivering individualized, comprehensive, safe, warm, and inclusive care for them and their families. The clinic boasts a strong financial foundation, certified quality processes, and exclusive, comfortable, and private facilities in an excellent location.
Santa Barbara Clinic
- The Santa Barbara clinic is a cutting-edge plastic surgery clinic that prides itself on maintaining the highest quality standards and professional recognition at national and international levels. With over 12,000 successful surgeries, they certify their excellence in the field. The clinic offers unparalleled medical, clinical, pre and post-operative services, ensuring timely, friendly, and efficient care to their patients.
- The clinic places patient needs at the forefront of their work, providing highly qualified personnel endorsed by the Plastic Surgery Societies of Colombia and the world. The clinic’s commitment is to provide its patients with the best possible care and satisfaction, ensuring that each surgical procedure’s results will meet and exceed all expectations.
- The Marly Clinic Complex is one of the most complete and modern health institutions that offer comprehensive and timely care in all specialties. The clinic has the scientific, human, and technological support of the renowned Clínica de Marly in Bogotá, ensuring patients receive high-quality medical care.
- The clinic boasts 91 spacious single-person rooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology, providing patients with a peaceful environment away from the city’s noise. The clinic’s top-notch facilities and equipment enable its staff to provide the best possible care to patients, ensuring a comfortable and efficient recovery.